Sunday, November 15, 2009

State Fair

How have I not blogged about the fair? It is Ford (now Giles) family tradition to go to the fair every year. I love the fair. This year it was just me, my mom, and my sister. We do not go to the fair for the original reasons (livestock), or to ride rides. We go to eat, see shows, and people watch. One of the shows we have started to make a tradition is the African Acrobats. Not only are they super talented, but they are so full of joy.
Next, we try to hit the celebrity test kitchen at least once during the day. This is where chef's from around the area come and cook a sample for everyone to taste. This year we saw the chef's from McCormick and Schmidt. I am no foodie, but they made a seafood mac and cheese that was to die for. They also made a flour less chocolate cake but I was out on that. This was the most food we have ever gotten from the test kitchen. They could have fed a crowd of about 200 with the amount of food they prepared. We took it outside and sat and listened to the Killdare's. All and all a fabulous food outing.
I am frightened of fair rides, but I cannot go to the fair without riding the burlap sack slides. They are my favorite. This time we had enough tickets to hit a fun house as well. This fun house was a little ghetto. There were parts that didn't work pretty frequently, but it was still fun. The best part was the very skinny twisty slide that went down from the top to the bottom. It was completely enclose and Autumn screamed the entire way down. She is very claustrophobic so it was somewhat hysterical.


Lastly but definitely not least is the birds of prey show. This is Marilyn's favorite part of the fair. What is funny is how little it has changed in the past 5 years. Same show and we still love it. The difference this year was after the birds of prey show Marilyn paid money so that we could take our picture with a bald eagle. I sadly do not have that picture, but I will get it on the blog someday. In its place is Marilyn on a electronic balance board. Priceless.
I mean seriously - what is not to love about the fair?

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Yay state fair!!!! Why am I still up at this hour of the night? MUST sleep!!!!!

Kelly said...

I just re-discovered your blog again. I've tried to make the Fair happen the last 2 years with no success. I don't think Wade is much of a fan to begin with. I may have to crash the Ford girls Fair outing next year!

You need to post about some cool jewelry. :) Love all of the updates and pictures of the boys!